Unit 1: Introducing Indian Society
- Colonialism, Nationalism, Class and Community
Unit 2: Demographic Structure and Indian Society
- Rural-Urban Linkages and Divisions
Unit 3: Social Institutions: Continuity & Change
- Family and Kinship
- The Caste System
Unit 4: Market as a Social Institution
- Market as a Social Institution
Unit 5: Pattern of Social Inequality & Exclusion
- Caste Prejudice, Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes
i. Statement of the purpose: 2 marks
ii. Methodology / Technique: 2 marks
iii. Conclusion: 3 marks
Don't Miss: Class XII Education DVDs
B. Viva - based on the project work
C. Research design
i. Overall format: 1 mark
ii Research Question/Hypothesis : 1 mark
iii. Choice of technique: 2 mark
iv. Detailed procedure for implementation of technique: 2 mark
v. Limitations of the above technique: 2 mark
- Marginalization of Tribal Communities
- The Struggle for Women’s Equality
- The Protection of Religious Minorities
- Caring for the Differently Abled
Unit 6: The Challenges Of Cultural Diversity
- Problems of Communalism, Regionalism, Casteism & Patriarchy
- Role of the State in a Plural and Unequal Society
- What We Share
Unit 7: Suggestions for Project Work
B. Change and Development in India
Unit 8: Structural Change
- Colonialism, Industrialization, Urbanization.
Unit 9: Cultural Change
- Modernization, Westernization, Sanskritisation, Secularization.
- Social Reform Movements & Laws
Unit 10: The Story Of Democracy
- The Constitution as an instrument of Social Change
- Parties, Pressure Groups and Democratic Politics
- Panchayati Raj and the Challenges of Social Transformation
Unit 11: Change and Development in Rural Society
- Land Reforms, Green Revolution and Agrarian Society
Unit 12: Change and Development In Industrial Society
- From Planned Industrialization to Liberalization
- Changes in the Class Structure
Unit 13: Globalization and Social Change
Unit 14: Mass Media and Communication Process
Unit 15: Social Movements
- Class-Based Movements: Workers, Peasants.
- Caste-Based Movements: Dalit Movement, Backward Castes, Trends in Upper Caste Responses.
- Women’s Movements in Independent India.
- Tribal Movements.
- Environmental Movements.